Thursday, February 5, 2009

Single girl overcomes bad morning

11/12/08

Sydney, AUSTRALIA – Glebe-based office manager and soon to be published author, Katherine Boyle, has shocked horoscope writers and local North Sydney pessimists by overcoming what could have become 'the worst day ever'.

In a surprising twist of events, Boyle was seen smiling and joking with co-workers despite having engaged in numerous telephonic morning arguments and narrowly surviving a near-death Magpie experience.

More astounding was the reaction of onlooker, Donna Slutfeatures, from the Walker Street office elevator, "Oh yeah, I saw her get in the lift after the Magpie nearly killed her and I thought I'd make her day worse by talking to a girlfriend about my shallow relationship." Slutfeatures, a local strumpet who works in cosmetics sales continued, "it just didn't seem to affect her. She was all like smiling and walking with like some kind of single-girl confidence. I don't get it."

This wave of self esteem in single 20-somethings appears to be spreading around the city, inner-west and western suburbs offices of Sydney. Acclaimed comedienne and recent optimist, Susan Youssef has attributed the 'happy times attitude' partly to the saving grace of friendship but mostly to alcohol, "When things get tough I usually turn to my friends and by friends I mean Vodka, if you know what I'm saying..." Youssef was recently admitted to a rehabilitation clinic. She was still smiling.

No comments: